We took all the hard work out of planning Morning Time!
The plans include six weeks of Morning Time activities all based on the culture of the southern region of the United States.
Designed for grades 1-9 the plans can easily be adapted to include preschool to adult age groups.
Topics and subjects included in these plans are:
- Handicrafts – pottery, colonial toys, silversmithing
- Geography – map drill of region
- Folk songs – spirituals
- Culture – music, art appreciation, poetry, festivals, events, and art projects
- People and places
- Nature study
- Folklore of the region
- Picture books – fabulous selections to accompany the subject areas
- Read Alouds – two great chapter books scheduled for you to choose between
The lesson plans are designed for ease-of-use for new Morning Time Moms and veterans alike. They feature:
- Intro material with tips and instructions for doing all the subjects
- A weekly grid that schedules each subject for you daily
- OR a loop schedule laying out all the subjects and activities to be done — just do the next thing(s) each day
- A blank grid to add your own subjects or resources to the plan if you want
- Printable booklist to take to the library
- Copies of poems to print for your family and art prints for picture study
- An easy-to-use web page with links to all the videos and tutorials in the plans, as well as links to the books and art supplies for your convenience
Click to download the sample of the Morning Time plans here.
The sample contains a smattering of pages from the intro, an example of a printable booklist page, printable poem page, weekly grid, and loop schedule page.
What are you waiting for? Have the Morning Time you always wanted, without the stress, prep, and planning!
I couldn’t be happier with these geography MT plans! When I was looking over curriculum options last year I knew I didn’t want a generic geography study with just maps, dry facts, etc. I was looking for something richer and deeper that would have my kids making connections with the areas around them. We found it in this set of plans with our YMB+ subscription. What I didn’t expect was how much I’d learn and how my kids have made some of their own plans to someday travel and see these places. We learned about the people, landmarks, culture, handicrafts, folklore, and yes, we even did some mapwork. The plans are chock-full of information that we could easily revisit them again. The best part is, that all the hardwork of looking through booklists, sorting through videos/websites, etc. is all done for me. I simply gather the books I want (from the extensive booklist in the plans), pull open the pdf and off we go. It’s been the most enjoyable learning experience that we’re currently on our 3rd set of geography plans. Highly, highly recommend!