We took all the hard work out of planning Morning Time!
The plans include six weeks of Morning Time activities all based on the culture of the northeastern region of the United States.
Designed for grades 1-9 the plans can easily be adapted to include preschool to adult age groups.
Topics and subjects included in these plans are:
- Handicrafts – Amish quilting, costume jewelry, candy making
- Geography – map drill of region
- Folk songs – songs from the region
- Culture – music, art appreciation, poetry, festivals, events, and art projects
- People and places
- Nature study
- Folklore of the region
- Picture books – fabulous selections to accompany the subject areas
- Read Alouds – two great chapter books scheduled for you to choose between
The lesson plans are designed for ease-of-use for new Morning Time Moms and veterans alike. They feature:
- Intro material with tips and instructions for doing all the subjects
- A weekly grid that schedules each subject for you daily
- OR a loop schedule laying out all the subjects and activities to be done — just do the next thing(s) each day
- A blank grid to add your own subjects or resources to the plan if you want
- Printable booklist to take to the library
- Copies of poems to print for your family and art prints for picture study
- An easy-to-use web page with links to all the videos and tutorials in the plans, as well as links to the books and art supplies for your convenience
Click to download the sample of the Morning Time plans here.
The sample contains a smattering of pages from the intro, an example of a printable booklist page, printable poem page, weekly grid, and loop schedule page.
What are you waiting for? Have the Morning Time you always wanted, without the stress, prep, and planning!
My family is using this set of plans for our current morning time as part of the YMB+ subscription. I love that the plans have activities and books that appeal to all ages. My kids are especially enjoying singing the folk song. They have definitely made geography come alive.
Using this through our YMB subscription to bring some “truth, beauty, and goodness” to my littlest daughters first introduction to American Symbols. So many good books. Love the music links, and she is excited to do the flag drawing lesson. Could I have found these myself? Yes. Do I have time for that? No! So worth the cost!!!
These plans are fantastic. I am using them for our Morning Time map drills. The maps and information about each state, plus the book list, are amazing. My children are learning so much more than just capitals and state names. They are learning about the culture and people of each state – the history, food, animals, and events that make each place unique. Our list of “Want To Visit” places has grown exponentially!