We took all the hard work out of planning Morning Time!
The plans include fourteen weeks of Morning Time activities based on the Modern times. These are perfect for families who are studying Modern Times in a four-year history cycle.
This is a digital product. Nothing will be mailed.
Designed for grades 1-6 the plans can easily be adapted to include preschool to teens. We believe this can be a complete education for younger elementary students (through grade 3) — just add phonics, math, and handwriting.
Topics and subjects included in these plans are:
- Memorization – Gettysburg Address, “Duties of American Citizenship”
- Poetry – Walt Whitman, Emma Lazarus
- Music appreciation – Modern music
- Math – Puzzles
- Picture study – Paul Cézanne and Mary Cassette
- Art – Drawing and watercolor techniques
- Nature Study – famous naturalists
- Reading Suggestions – Fabulous selections to accompany the subject areas
- Read Alouds – Four great chapter books scheduled for you to choose between
The lesson plans are designed for ease-of-use for new Morning Time Moms and veterans alike. They feature:
- Intro material with tips and instructions for doing all the subjects
- A weekly grid that schedules each subject for you daily
- OR a loop schedule laying out all the subjects and activities to be done — just do the next thing(s) each day
- A blank grid to add your own subjects or resources to the plan if you want
- Printable booklist to take to the library
- Copies of poems, prayers, and memorization to print for your family
- An easy-to-use web page with links to all the videos and tutorials in the plans, as well as links to the books and art supplies for your convenience
- Books can be purchased or borrowed from your library. We encourage appropriate substitutions.
If you do not wish to purchase any of the above resources those subjects can be omitted from the study or you can adapt the lesson plans.
Click to download a sample of the plans here.
The sample contains a smattering of pages from the intro, an example of a printable booklist page, printable poem page, weekly grid, and loop schedule page.
What are you waiting for? Have the Morning Time you always wanted, without the stress, prep, and planning!
jessicasweets (verified owner) –
We’ve enjoyed the history morning time plans. I felt like there were plenty of resources and the booklists were excellent. I just supplemented with some of the Story of the World for my older children and thought they went together well.
The morning time plans are incredibly flexible. I am mostly thankful for the booklists. It used to take so much time to plan our history units. Finding the right books, art projects, videos, etc. Now everything is at my fingertips with plenty of truth, goodness, and beauty! The best investment we’ve made was purchasing an annual membership! It transformed our homeschool. My children look forward to the poetry memorization and picture study. They fully enjoy the art projects and the extra tidbits of information we learned from the various articles and videos. We used Modern Times Term 1 and 2 in one year as part of our US History. We skipped the “world history” part because we were focusing on US History. Flexibility! Highly recommend these MT plans.