We took all the hard work out of planning Morning Time!
Authored by Genie Shaw of Barefoot Abbey the plans include seven weeks of Morning Time activities for Catholic families as they travel through Lent.
This product is digital only. Nothing will be mailed.
Designed for grades 1-6 the plans can easily be adapted to include preschool to adult age groups.
Topics and subjects included in these plans are:
- Prayer – various Catholic prayers for Lent
- Hymns – Three hymns to study and learn (verses from each)
- Memorization – Selected passages of Scripture
- Scripture Reading- Daily Mass reading
- Saint of the Day – an appendix that links to a reading for each day’s saint
- Poetry – Lenten Poems
- Music appreciation – Sacred music for the Lenten season
- Picture study – Fra Angelico
- Art – Lent inspired crafts
- Nature Study – fruits and seeds
- Picture books – fabulous selections to accompany the subject areas
- Read Alouds – three great chapter books scheduled for you to choose between
The lesson plans are designed for ease-of-use for new Morning Time Moms and veterans alike. They feature:
- Intro material with tips and instructions for doing all the subjects
- A weekly grid that schedules each subject for you daily
- OR a loop schedule laying out all the subjects and activities to be done — just do the next thing(s) each day
- A blank grid to add your own subjects or resources to the plan if you want
- Printable booklist to take to the library
- Copies of prayers, Scripture, and poems to print for your family
- An easy-to-use web page with links to all the videos and tutorials in the plans, as well as links to the books and art supplies for your convenience
Note: In order to complete some of the subjects as written you will need the following:
- Our Wonderful World by Emery Lewis Howe (can be found free online)
- Various art supplies (listed in sample)
The sample contains a smattering of pages from the intro, an example of a printable booklist page, printable poem page, weekly grid, and loop schedule page.
What are you waiting for? Have the Morning Time you always wanted, without the stress, prep, and planning!