We took all the hard work out of planning Morning Time!
The plans include six weeks of Morning Time activities all based on the culture of the southwestern region of the United States.
Designed for grades 1-9 the plans can easily be adapted to include preschool to adult age groups.
Topics and subjects included in these plans are:
- Handicrafts – Soap carving, Lei making, Kite making
- Geography – map drill of region
- Folk songs – songs from the region
- Culture – music, art appreciation, poetry, festivals, events, and art projects
- People and places
- Nature study
- Folklore of the region
- Picture books – fabulous selections to accompany the subject areas
- Read Alouds – two great chapter books scheduled for you to choose between
The lesson plans are designed for ease-of-use for new Morning Time Moms and veterans alike. They feature:
- Intro material with tips and instructions for doing all the subjects
- A loop schedule laying out all the subjects and activities to be done — just do the next thing(s) each day
- A blank grid to add your own subjects or resources to the plan if you want
- Printable booklist to take to the library
- Copies of poems to print for your family and art prints for picture study
Click to download the sample of the Morning Time plans here.
The sample contains a smattering of pages from the intro, an example of a printable booklist page, printable poem page, weekly grid, and loop schedule page.
What are you waiting for? Have the Morning Time you always wanted, without the stress, prep, and planning!
I am using these plans with my sixth grader. He is so engaged! The activities are not only doable but fun.
The nature study introduced us to animals we came across in the reading we selected Water Sky by Jean Craighead George. He is the youngest of my six children. Where was the ease of this resources when started 14 yrs ago? I used to spend hours looking for fun video clips or background on artists. If you use only half of what is collected you are invest a great resource not to mention the ease of use and hours of research well sorted at your fingertips. We signed for the YMB+ subscription!