We took all the hard work out of planning Morning Time!
The plans include six weeks of Morning Time activities all based on the culture of the midwestern region of the United States.
Designed for grades 1-9 the plans can easily be adapted to include preschool to adult age groups.
Topics and subjects included in these plans are:
- Handicrafts – Mittens, Dala Horses
- Geography – map drill of region
- Folk songs – songs from the region
- Culture – music, art appreciation, poetry, festivals, events, and art projects
- People and places
- Nature study
- Folklore of the region
- Picture books – fabulous selections to accompany the subject areas
- Read Alouds – two great chapter books scheduled for you to choose between
The lesson plans are designed for ease-of-use for new Morning Time Moms and veterans alike. They feature:
- Intro material with tips and instructions for doing all the subjects
- A weekly grid that schedules each subject for you daily
- OR a loop schedule laying out all the subjects and activities to be done — just do the next thing(s) each day
- A blank grid to add your own subjects or resources to the plan if you want
- Printable booklist to take to the library
- Copies of poems to print for your family and art prints for picture study
- An easy-to-use web page with links to all the videos and tutorials in the plans, as well as links to the books and art supplies for your convenience
Click to download the sample of the Morning Time plans here.
The sample contains a smattering of pages from the intro, an example of a printable booklist page, printable poem page, weekly grid, and loop schedule page.
What are you waiting for? Have the Morning Time you always wanted, without the stress, prep, and planning!
We are new members in YMB+ and we are starting with the Land that I Love Morning Time plans. We pair US Geography with US History. Studying California at the same time we study the Gold Rush for example. These plans are so perfect to go along with any study of US History and or Geography. The book selections are really good. The choices of an interesting person, landmark, and folktales to explore for each state are things I’ve spent tons of time researching myself in the past. These plans are saving me so much time! Plus we are actually doing art study.