We took all the hard work out of planning Morning Time!
The plans include twenty-four weeks of Morning Time activities based on American and modern history. These are perfect for families who are studying American to modern history in a three-year history cycle with their local classical community.
This is a digital product. Nothing will be mailed.
Designed for grades 1-6 the plans can easily be adapted to include preschool to teens. We believe this can be a complete education for younger elementary students (through grade 3) — just add phonics, math, handwriting, and your own memory work.
Topics and subjects included in these plans are:
- Prayer – The First Prayer of the Continental Congress, 1774 and prayers from Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Poetry – American poets
- Geography – Draw the USA by Kristin J. Draeger
- Music appreciation – Custom music lesson plans including selections from American History (hymns, spirituals, folk songs, patriotic music)
- Picture Study – historical paintings
- Math – American-themed Bedtime Math, fractions, coding
- Art – drawing, painting, weaving, agamograph, projects to accompany picture study
- Nature Study – insects, autumn leaves, moss, lichen, evergreens, caterpillars, ants, butterflies, rocks and minerals
- Reading Suggestions – Fabulous selections to accompany the subject areas
- Read Alouds – Six great chapter books scheduled for you to choose between
The lesson plans are designed for ease-of-use for new Morning Time Moms and veterans alike. They feature:
- Intro material with tips and instructions for doing all the subjects
- A weekly grid that schedules each subject for you daily
- OR a loop schedule laying out all the subjects and activities to be done — just do the next thing(s) each day
- A blank grid to add your own subjects or resources to the plan if you want
- Printable booklist to take to the library
- Copies of poems and prayers to print for your family
- An easy-to-use web page with links to all the videos and tutorials in the plans, as well as links to the books and art supplies for your convenience
* Note: In order to complete some of the subjects as written you will need to purchase the following:
- The Handbook of Nature Study by Anna Comstock (also available free online)
- Exploring Nature with Children by Lynn Seddon
- Draw The USA by Kristin J. Draeger
- Books can be purchased or borrowed from your library. We encourage appropriate substitutions.
If you do not wish to purchase any of the above resources those subjects can be omitted from the study or you can adapt the lesson plans.
The sample contains a smattering of pages from the intro, an example of a couple of printable booklist pages, printable poem page, weekly grids, and loop schedule pages.
This product is not affiliated with nor endorsed by Classical Conversations™. It is not designed to be a substitute for Classical Conversations™ materials or the community day. This product also contains a significant amount of material from our Early Modern Term 1 and Term 2 plans reorganized. Please consult with us at email@example.com before buying either of those sets and this product.
What are you waiting for? Have the Morning Time you always wanted, without the stress, prep, and planning!